FASD Support Series
Information and conversation about the challenges you face
Exploration of local resources to meet these challenges and support needs
When are the next few meetings?
February 5, 2021
March 5, 2021
April 2, 2021
What have you talked about in past meetings
Glad you asked! Click open each date’s section to see.
January 8, 2021
December 4, 2020
- Explored a chart for identifying the brain basis for behaviors and how we can change our responses. Discussed the importance of acknowledging and understanding the emotions of the person with an FASD in this process
- Other discussion topics covered:
- Developing skills to better understand and express emotions
- improving employer/employee relationships
- holding a job;
- trauma-informed therapy/yoga
- learning programs to help with memory and retention – suggestion included making learning fun; identifying interests and facilitating learning through them; movement oriented learning like swinging, horseback riding
- Looking for young adult groups for people with FASD to connect and share resources and experiences
- How to hold a job? How to be more (or less) transparent with employer about disability? How to voice needs with employers? Self advocacy?
- How to improve learning skills in young children with an FASD?
- How to acknowledge and listen to the emotions of a person with FASD as we work on behaviors with them?