Training and Information for Social Workers
The following links will create a brief informational packet of documents for you to print or download and give to a social services provider who has encountered or may encounter a child or adult with an FASD.
- Cover Letter
- FASD Overview
- Reducing Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- FASD Fact Sheet
- What is FASD?
- FASD: What the Foster Care System should know
- Understanding Behaviors of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
Spend 2 hours reading and viewing the resources on this page. Then take a short quiz and obtain your certificate. Coming soon!!
- You are working with families going through child protection orders
- You are working with families with foster and/or adopted children
- You are working with individuals in the school system
- You are working with individuals in the correctional system
- The family and/or individual is struggling to follow program requirements or to succeed in treatment
- You notice the “red flags” of possible FASD in parents or children, or both
- You want to know how to screen and refer for FASD in adults and/or children
Foster Care Workers
School Social Workers:
IDENTIFYING & SUPPORTING STUDENTS Affected by Prenatal Alcohol Exposure
As a school social worker, when was the last time you considered prenatal alcohol exposure when working with students who just don’t seem to “get it” and keep making the same mistakes over and over?
FASD IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- School Social Workers
- Correctional Social Workers
- Child Welfare Social Workers
- Mental Health and AODA Treatment Social Workers