Training and Information for Individuals with FASD
Spend 2 hours reading and viewing the resources on this page. Then take a short quiz and obtain your certificate. Coming soon!!
- You have been told that you “have FASD” (or FAS, Partial FAS, ARND, Static Encephalopathy, or ND-PAE) and you don’t know what that means
- You have been told you have FASD but you don’t know what to do about it
- The world seems like a crazy place that you don’t fit into and you are tired of not meeting other people’s expectations
- You find yourself trying to get assistance from people who don’t understand you and you don’t know how to tell them what you need them to do differently
- You want to create a better life for yourself
Healthy Relationships, Sexuality, and Disability – Resource Guide – great tools for teach these concepts, for both children and adults.
Melt-Downs and Stress Reduction
- EFT Tapping for Anger (free to inmates)
- Coping with Asperger Meltdowns
- Spoon Theory
My Life With An FASD
Videos – people with FASD talk about their experiences
Proof Alliance – Living on the Spectrum
The Body-Behaviour Connection: A first hand perspective about FASD by Myles Himmelreich. Myles discusses living with a FASD. He provides a multidimensional, educational perspective.
Flying High With Broken Wings
Facebook page for individuals with an FASD and their caregivers
Service Dogs for people with an FASD
TIPS for MELTDOWNS
Adolescents and Adults with FASD
Self-Advocacy – ADVOCACY – “Telling Your Story to a Policy-maker”